Title Image


Creating a Google Adwords advert

If you are looking into the possibility of starting up a Google Adwords pay-per-click (PPC) campaign and are getting a bit stuck with how to really go about it then you are at the right place. Click through rates from Google search engine results are roughly split 85% organic and the other 15% through PPC. Due to this it is important that you make sure that it is going to be economically viable for you to run such campaign.

The first factor to decide upon is selecting the keyword that you wish to target for your campaign (i.e, what the end user will search for to see your advert). For more information on the best way to select the best keyword for your campaign, see our blog ‘Picking the best keyword for your SEO’. The next thing that you need to do is to write the description that will go underneath the main keyword. Google allows you to have two lines for this description; line 1 has a limit of 35 characters and another 35 characters is allowed for the second line so these must be used wisely. The final part is the URL which the user will be forwarded to so make sure this is either your homepage or a relevant page to the keyword used. Once all of these have came together, you will have an advert that looks something like this:

SEO Birmingham
Expert SEO services in Birmingham
Convert traffic into business now.

Once you have your advert all set up then you will have to set your maximum bid price that you will pay for each time that your advert is clicked-through. Basically, what this means is that every time someone searches for the term ‘SEO Birmingham’, the website with the highest bids will be displayed first. It is important here that you set your budget and make sure that you are prudent with your pricing strategy, using historical visitor data to back up all of your decisions. You can then use the first month to see how you price strategy goes and then make adjustments where necessary.

Qasim Majid About the author
Tap to Call