#inthezone 30: Float like a butterfly sting like a bee!
Float like a butterfly sting like a bee!
We did it! We made it…#inthezone 30 is FINALLY here! It’s been a very long time coming and attached to this week’s #inthezone is some amazing (and very sad) news!
Last Friday the world was shocked and devastated as international icon Muhammed Ali sadly passed away. The bad news was delivered on June 3rd and trended literally everywhere. Not only was Muhammed Ali considered one of the greatest boxers to ever step in to the squared circle, he was an amazing civil rights activist and just had a way with words. Most of his quotes are recognised globally and his accolades match everything he said!
Did you know?
- Muhammed Ali is the ONLY boxer to be named The Ring magazine Fighter of the Year 5 times.
- He was named Sportsman of the Century by Sports Illustrated and the Sports Personality of the Century by the BBC.
- He was on the Time’s list of 100 most important people of the century (BOTH for the 20th and 21st Century!
- “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee”.
- “The man who has no imagination has no wings”.
- “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life”.
- “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe”.
- “I done wrestled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale; handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail; only last week, I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalised a brick; I’m so mean I make medicine sick.”
If you’d like to hear what Qasim had to say about Muhammed Ali (which was featured on the radio), you can listen to it here (skip to 2 hours 54 minutes).
Moving on to a less hurtful (and much more positive) topic…many of you may not know this but a famous MMA fighter by the name of Michael Bisping made a great stride for England in competitive sports this past Saturday. He attained the UFC Middleweight belt when he beat Luke Rockhold at UFC 199. The belt is now in England and he did it with our support! We can’t congratulate you enough, the whole of England is behind you. Well done mate!
These days, it seems like every few weeks we get another team member. This is the case yet AGAIN! We have another new member this week Anna! Please give a warm welcome to Anna. She comes from London, and has a personality that’s bubblier than lava (yes lava is quite bubbly). Anyway, you’ll definitely be seeing more of her in the coming days, we just thought we’d introduce you!
To wrap up this week’s post, he had a fantastic life, which spanned a total of 74 years. In that time he disrupted the boxing world and accomplished many other spectacular feats. There are very few men who have the same amount of international respect as him and he will be forever remembered as the greatest. It’s a shame that he passed away, but that doesn’t stop us all from celebrating his life. Rest in Peace, champ.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: “Float like a butterfly sting like a bee” – Muhammed Ali