#inthezone 21: Seizing the day
Seizing the day!
Welcome reader! We have some amazing things to tell you this week. We can’t wait…as always, it’s a pleasure to have you on this journey with us. A massive thank you to our readership, we appreciate every single one of you 🙂 Now, let’s not keep you waiting any longer. Let’s go!
As you know at Wow Zone we are constantly looking to provide value to all of our social media followers. One day (in the meeting room) Qasim and Ammaar were brainstorming and they believe they struck gold! If you’ve seen our latest announcement on Facebook you’d know what we’re talking about…For those who aren’t aware, from next week we will be releasing daily #DigitalNuggets with key information that you can implement into your business. Whether it be about content writing, planning your digital strategy or design; one thing’s for sure, after watching you’ll be a lot more confident.
More good news, we have another intern! The numbers just keep racking up. Say hello to Baptiste (pronounced ba-tee-st). Not to be confused with bodybuilder, actor and wrestler Dave Batista! Again, he comes from Bordeaux. That makes 2 french interns which are currently working at Wow. We love it! As we’ve mentioned previously, the multi-culturalism just makes the office a better place. We get a deeper understanding of other cultures and even get to steal amazing food from the office fridge (kidding, or are we?). 😉
Yesterday, George Osborn delivered this year’s budget. We don’t like to think of ourselves as political, so we’re only going to cover a few of the major changes he announced:
- Fuel Duty will be frozen (6th year in a row).
- The “tax free” group will increase to £11,500 allowing low earners to keep more of their earnings.
- The 40% tax percentile will increase from £40,000 to £45,000.
- Corporation tax to be cut from 20% to 17% by 2020.
- New sugar levy to be introduced to the soft drinks industry (to be introduced in April 2018). A portion of the proceeds will fund school sports.
- Government to look at teaching maths up until students are 18 years of age.
Some good things in there, however, some may see the sugar levy as controversial…what do you think? Comment below!
As we progress further into the year, we realise how far we’ve come. Even though it’s only been 3.5 months into 2016 (which has gone fast, seriously, where did the time go?!), it’s been amazing so far. So far we can deem ourselves as successful. However; if you know us, we’re not stopping there! We can attribute our success to a number of things, but a factor that played a massive part was learning to seize the day. Seizing the day requires a lot of hard work and discipline. If you really think about it, we have 24 hours in a day. Let’s break the typical day down:
- 8 hours: Sleeping (approximately).
- 8 hours: Work/School.
- 1 hour: Commuting.
- 7 hours: Free time (usually).
So we typically have 17 hours where we can’t really do anything about, we HAVE to sleep and we HAVE to go to work/sleep. Again, let’s break down the remaining 7 hours and what we should be doing:
- 1.5 hours: Exercise (healthy body, healthy mind).
- 1.5 hours: Family time.
- UP TO 2 hours: Entertainment…remember rewarding yourself is equally necessary.
- 1 hour: Self-reflecting, have I really made today worth my while? Have I done something my future self will thank me for?
- 1 hour: Do whatever you want, you’ve earned it!
Learning to be as productive as we can by seizing the day also gives us a better mentality when we show up to do what we love…make clients happy! Are you taking yourself to the next level by seizing the day?
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: “Anyone up for playing some Fooseball???” – Ammaar